Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a common method to access blocked websites, as it allows you to route your internet traffic through a secure server in a different location. Here's how you can use a VPN to access blocked websites:
Choose a Reliable VPN Service:
- Select a reputable VPN service provider. There are both free and paid VPN options available, but paid VPNs generally offer better performance, security, and privacy.
- Some well-known VPN providers include ExpressVPN, NordVPN, CyberGhost, and many others.
Download and Install the VPN Software: [How to add a VPN extension on any browser?]
- Visit the website of your chosen VPN provider and download their VPN client software for your device (computer, smartphone, tablet).
- For this example, let's say you choose ExpressVPN. Visit the ExpressVPN website (https://www.expressvpn.com/) and sign up for an account. You'll need to choose a subscription plan and provide payment information.
- After signing up, you'll be able to download the ExpressVPN client software for your specific device. They offer software for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and more. Download the appropriate version for your device and operating system.
Install and Set Up the VPN:
- Follow the installation instructions provided by the VPN service. Usually, it's a straightforward process similar to installing any other software.
- Once installed, launch the VPN client.
Connect to a Server:
- After opening the VPN client, you'll typically see a list of server locations from various countries. Choose a server location that is not subject to the same restrictions as your current location. For example, if a website is blocked in your country, you can connect to a server in a different country where it's accessible.
- For example, you can choose servers from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, etc. These locations represent where the VPN server is physically located.
- Let's say you want to access a blocked website that's only available in the United States. Select a server location in the United States by clicking on it.
Connect to the VPN:
- Click the "Connect" or "Start" button in the VPN client to establish a connection to the selected server.
- The VPN will establish a secure connection to the server you selected. Once connected, your internet traffic will be encrypted and routed through that server.
Access Blocked Websites:
- Open your web browser and try to access the blocked website. Because your traffic is now passing through the US-based server, you should be able to access the website as if you were in the United States.
- For example, if you were trying to access a streaming service like Netflix that is region-restricted, you can now watch content that is normally only available in the US.
Disconnect When Done:
- When you're finished accessing the blocked content, make sure to disconnect from the VPN to restore your regular internet connection. Go back to the ExpressVPN app and click the "Disconnect" button.
- Your internet traffic will then return to its regular, unencrypted state.
[How to add any extensions on any browser?]
It's important to note that while a VPN can help you access blocked websites, it may not be legal or allowed in all situations or locations. Additionally, the effectiveness of VPNs can vary, as some websites employ more advanced methods to detect and block VPN traffic. Always use a VPN responsibly and in accordance with the laws and regulations of your country.
NOTE: "This blog is only for educational purposes."